Monday 19 September 2011

Mesozoic Monsters mission

The mission of my blog: Mesozoic Monsters is to release information on dinosaurs, pterosaurs, marine reptiles, crocs and mammals into the public domain. Beyond publishing summaries of recent papers, it will include some speculative (but reasonable) palaeontology that might have never seen light of day if it were not for blogging.

The primary focus of 'MM' will be the winged mesozoic reptiles; pterosaurs. Pterosaurs occupy the majority of  my day to day research, as such it will be nigh on impossible for me to think about anything else for now. When particularly interesting information is released on other Mesozoic monsters (see above) they will also be featured. Additionally, it is my intention to pick on specific groups every now and then in order to bring a neat summary of these Mesozoic monsters.

Please be patient though, I am still conducting my PhD on pterosaur phylogeny, so these blogs will not be coming thick and fast at first. In the meantime, there are some amazing zoological and palaeontological blogs out there showing me how it should be done, so check out some of my favourites in the side bar.

COMING SOON... the feeding apparatus of some interesting pterosaurs...

No comments:

Post a Comment